PCA® is acknowledged in prominent medical textbooks as the originator of modified and enhanced Jessner’s chemical peel formulations, PCA SKIN remains the trusted healthcare industry leader in the development of gentle, yet highly effective professional treatments and daily care products. These light to moderate chemical peels exfoliate, tighten, smooth, and improve the texture and appearance of the facial skin and some other body areas.
To prepare for a peel, please follow these directions. In addition, please complete the forms for a peel before your appointment. After a peel, please follow these skin care guidelines.
PCA® chemical peels contain AHAs, or alphahydroxy acids, which are gentle and light chemical peels. There are different types of PCA® chemical peels that are designed to address specific skin conditions. PCA® chemical peels are effective at treating facial blemishes and acne, uneven skin pigmentation, fine wrinkles, and damage caused by the sun, aging, and other sources of skin imperfections.
PCA® Skin peels do not require any downtime. They are gentle; light-to-medium range peels/resurfacing treatments for acne, aging skin, rosacea, sensitive skin, dry skin, pigmented skin and oily skin.
PCA® Professional Treatments
- Enhanced Jessner’s Treatments $125
- These innovative and proven light-to-medium depth peel formulas effectively exfoliate with blends of lactic, citric and salicylic acids and resorcinol, while bleaching and inhibiting pigment production with kojic acid and hydroquinone (where indicated). These peels help repair and reduce breakouts, control oil, soften lines and provide a more even, smoother skin texture.
- Blended TCA Peels $125
- These skin-friendly yet effective peels address many skin conditions without the discomfort and downtime associated with traditional TCA (Trichloroacetic acid) peels. Our blended TCA peel contain a variety of beneficial ingredients to help treat acne, skin discoloration (hyperpigmentation), and fine lines and wrinkles, while leaving the skin plump and hydrated. We will choose from a range of options from very gentle, for sensitive or darker skin types, to more active formulations, for resilient skin and the skin on the body.
The cream consistency of PCA’s retinol treatments creates an occlusive barrier that allows the vitamins, antioxidants and other actives in these rich treatments to better absorb into the skin for maximum benefits. These treatments also increase cell turnover to bring healthy, fresh cells to the surface, leaving the skin hydrated, smooth and bright.
These treatments are recommended as add-ons to other PCA Professional Chemical peels or PCA Treatments to increase exfoliation and hydration.
- Ultra Hydrating Peel II $85 ($25 as an add-on)
- This advanced hydrating treatment will encourage additional flaking and peeling, and may be used alone or on top of any other PCA Professional™ chemical peel to produce a tightening and brightening effect. It is a cream mask containing natural phytohormones which plump, hydrate and moisturize aging skin. The retinol (vitamin A) content helps increase cell turnover to keep skin looking fresh, while vitamin C strengthens the skin by helping to increase the skin’s collagen and elastin network. Ultra Peel® II works well on all skin types and conditions.
- Esthetique Vitamin Peel $85 ($25 as an add-on)
- Esthetique Peel™ is an excellent choice for smoothing, firming and brightening all skin types even extra-sensitive skin, including rosacea. Its advanced formulation of L-lactic acid, L-retinol, and a host of polyphenols, antioxidants, vitamins, brightening ingredients and humectants, smoothes, tightens and improves the texture of skin. It also helps correct many types of skin discoloration.
Salicylic Acid Treatments
Don’t be turned off by the word acid. The keratolytic action of these treatments helps to smooth surface texture, clear blocked follicles and reduce the incidence of breakout.
- Pumpkin Peel Treatment $85
- PCA Professional™ Pumpkin Peel Treatment is a powerful antioxidant treatment that brightens and rejuvenates the skin. Pumpkin contains the highest concentration of salicylic acid of any plant, which provides the Pumpkin Peel Treatment with potent skin smoothing and pore clearing action. It also offers more than 100 beneficial components including the highest concentration of vitamins A, C and beta-carotene found in any other fruit or vegetable.
- The treatment has simultaneous actions; it exfoliates and draws impurities out of the skin while introducing vitamins, enzymes and nutrients into the skin. This is an excellent treatment for smokers as it stimulates circulation, promotes healing and provides vitamin nutrition. This treatment is also great for smoothing the skin, as the naturally occurring salicylic acid in pumpkin removes the dead surface cells that cause rough texture. The skin will have a healthy glow following this treatment.
- Clarifying Mask $75
- Clarifying Mask’s blend of 20% salicylic acid with cherry extract and other natural ingredients makes this an ideal choice for helping to improve acne, breakout-prone skin and sluggish, dull complexions. Its exfoliating, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits refine skin texture and bring new brightness and freshness to the skin.
Peel Alternative Treatments
These highly effective treatments offer antioxidant therapy to rejuvenate and keep skin free of pollutants and toxins. Pores are cleared and the skin is protected from environmental offenders. Also useful between peel treatments to maintain glowing, clear and health -looking skin.
- Oxygenation Trio $85
- This is an antioxidant therapy to correct and prevent free radical damage as oxidative and environmental stress to the skin is one of the more significant contributors to the aging process. This treatment helps stimulate respiration and circulation within the skin. It helps promote healing and rejuvenates sluggish, stressed skin depleted by toxins, pollutants, allergens, improper diet and solar damage. Acneic conditions also benefit greatly. Appropriate for use between peel treatments or when exfoliation or flaking is not desired. This treatment is also ideal two to three days before a special event. It draws oxygen to the skin’s surface, producing a rosy flush and a rapid warming sensation, resulting in a radiant, healthy look that lasts up to ten days.
- Detox Gel Deep Pore Treatment $75
- This treatment is an excellent choice for detoxifying all skin types. Its active blend of lactic, glycolic and salicylic acids effectively penetrates pores to dissolve impactions and blackheads, kill bacteria, reduce inflammation and remove excess cell debris to leave the skin hydrated, purified and clear. With its strong antibacterial and antioxidant action, this treatment is a gentle, deep pore cleanser.
Schedule An Appointment
Ready to set an appointment for your personal consultation and experience with Calming Waters Skin Care?
Click Here to schedule